Friday, 9 August 2013

Winter morning Hawks Nest beach

Dear readers

I am breaking into my Sydney winter series to post a photo from a quick break a couple of months ago to Hawks Nest on the central coast. I was experimenting with the shutter priority setting to get shots of moving water and got this early morning reflection of clouds on the beach.





I am going to post it over at Weekend Reflections. See blog roll. I am there with all the other contributors at the bottom of the page at no 47!
If you've visited here and like my fledgling blog leave a comment!
Have a good weekend,
Val.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous capture, Val! And welcome to the fun! Look forward to seeing more your pics! Enjoy your weekend!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like photos that show movement - slowing the shutter works so well for water and fast-moving clouds. Greatly enjoying your photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooee! Thank you ladies.
    Kat the thing is how low to go with the shutter speed. The effect that is pleasing to the eye is so subjective. On the other hand I have found Shutter Priority useful for things that are just moving slightly, like flowers in the breeze.
    Sylvia do you have a photo blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this cloud is huge ! Is shape is quite rare too : nice catch on the reflection...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations with the new blog! You seem to be doing very nice indeed. Experimenting with the shutter settings and water is always fun - the results can be very different. I see you have some nice close-ups of flowers too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Tsuki, welcome.
    Rune Thank you! i am very glad to finally join the photo blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing shot! I am very much an amateur with a passion for photography that I am just discovering. I don't even know what you mean by "experimenting with shutter priority" so I hope I can learn more from you as a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a fantastic shot Val.. you're talented.

    ReplyDelete