Saturday, 7 September 2013

The sea and the sky


Dear photo bloggers,

There's nothing more beautiful in Sydney than a warm weekend and yesterday, Saturday, was the warmest spring day on record here, 29 degrees down the coast where I was, early, early for breakfast, a bit of lazing in the sun and a swim. While I do not have my dream of being within walking distance of the sea, I do live under an hour's drive from it and I guess I am perpetuating the myth of the land of endless summer, blue sky and warm sand. It is not quite that idyllic, our society has its problems like anywhere else, but I do feel fortunate. On the drive back I had to jump out and photograph this piece of sea/sky meld..


Nor could I resist walking over to an empty building site where someone is building a cliff top house...


To lean out from that little platform and photograph a little hidden beach.


Happy weekend all,
Val.

8 comments:

  1. Now, that is what I call a view! Some hours on that beach would have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rune, my blog-friend. There's always a little track down the cliff to these little beaches .. alas, we had been to one of the better known ones and didn't venture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful views!
    http://travelagent-india.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost and endless summer! Wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost and endless summer! Wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don! Welcome to my blog. I hope you'll enjoy my efforts.

      Delete
  6. Fabulous views. Love that beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome JM. Yeah it'd be nice to have that as one's own little escape..

      Delete