Friday, 15 November 2013

Macquarie Street


Bloggers,

Yesterday I had a lovely day in Sydney meeting up and lunching with a friend, then I went on to see an exhibition by Yoko Ono at the Museum of Contemporary Art which was amazing.

Then I meandered back up Macquarie street, which apart from the area called The Rocks is pretty much the historic centre of Sydney. It has a mix of heritage listed buildings and shiny new ones.

On the shiny side I snapped this.


On the historic side I snapped this moment from a walking tour outside The State Library of NSW.


It is a statue of Matthew Flinders, who charted much of the Australian coastline and also in the background there is a little statue of his faithful cat, who has his own story.

Then, walking through Martin Place to go to the train station, there were lovely reflections everywhere wherever I looked up..


This post is linked to James's Weekend Reflections.

Have a happy weekend,
Val.

9 comments:

  1. Great shots ~ angles, composition ~ wonderful and reflections ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog carol.

      Delete
  2. It is a great pleasure to discover this town in your compagny, thanks for the sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First - I envy you the weather
    Second I'm impressed by the skyline in the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tsuki.
    Rune, don't be envious the last week has been mostly rain, all the rain we did not get in winter. BTW I did not realize how impressive the Sydney skyline is until I went overseas, because historic cities are not as built up, and Sydney is mostly shiny and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just found your lovely Blog, looks like you had a great day in town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful photos. Gives a feeling of Sydney - at least in the area where you took the pictures. My favourite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Valérie ! First time visit to this blog; great idea. The title could apply to me too. I started taking pictures for my blog and I'm still learning to focus ! Actually, it's the story of my life !xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi silver Bunny, yeah my life too! I am glad you found my photo blog.

      Delete