Friday, 29 November 2013

Sunny Days

 Dear Photo-blog Friends

Last weekend I went to lunch with some friends that I have known since high school days. We get together several times a year to catch up talk and about what's going on in our lives. It was my turn to organize it and I held it at my local club. Clubs here are usually affiliated with sporting bodies, or worker's unions or returned servicemen's organizations or such. They have bars and poker machines but also family friendly restaurants and bistros and function rooms, their own movie theatres and increasingly, fitness centres.  It is a curious Australian mix of something for everybody. Anyway , this one has an excellent bistro, so we met there.

I also happened to notice the wonderfully reflective windows of the atrium at the front entrance as I was going down the circular drive tot he car park.


Not quite Vegas, but we do have palm trees. This has been known to amaze Canadian visitors.
"You guys have palm trees growing in your front yards!" We went,  "Um, yeah?" It's funny what you take for granted until someone points it out ...



Big blue skies, reflected.
I'd love to end this story with photos of my friends, taken inside but I am careful not to blog photos of family or friends without their permission.
The Christmas decorations were up and it was a very enjoyable lunch.

Linking to Weekend Reflections,

Val.

13 comments:

  1. Very nice reflection - with and without palm trees :-)
    BTW - we don't have palm trees either ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would look funny there! At least your roses do not suffer from heat stroke..

      Delete
  2. Wonderful reflection of beautiful skies and a perfect shot for the day, Valerie!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos, delicious blue; your gorgeous frames!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sky reflections, and I agree about not showing people on your blog without their permission. I used to have two very large Cordyline palms in our front garden. They grew as tall as the house, but I had to get rid of them as they looked out of place in our countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments.
    Rosemary it is the opposite here. When I was a child a lot of people were trying to grow English gardens, then in the 70's there was a movement towards using Australian natives which makes far more sense. Brazilian and South African plants adapt very well here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great reflection shots of the sky and clouds ~ thanks, carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so strange : those clouds seem painted on the building... Surreal !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like these reflections and the blue background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again: Thank you for the suggestion! However - the problem first shows up if your treatment of the photo deviates too much from what Picasa seems is right - and I want to decide that for myself. That is why it took some postings before I discovered the problem. And I totally agree with your opinion about Google+. I want to decide about that for myself, too :-)

    I'm working on several solutions, so we'll see :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'd hate to see you disappear!

      Delete