Saturday, 22 March 2014

Gumtrees and Rainbows



Driving back from the coast today there was a cracking thunderstorm, wind, rain, hail, you name it. I even pulled over in a truck stop for a while during the hail, but when I was almost home the rain stopped and the sun came out. I pulled over again to whip out the camera and take this.


As well as the reflection of the ubiquitous eucalyptus - aka gumtrees - if you look closely there is a double rainbow.

Happy weekend everyone. Linking to James' Weekend Reflections
Off to check them out myself and make some comments.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Val, what a clever shot, capturing a double rainbow. Very smart idea to pull over during hail - no good ever comes of driving in it! Have a great weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to have caught both rainbows! And a bonus for me since I haven't seen a gum-tree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really amazing photo... Have a great weekend Valerie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that rainbows always appear whilst travelling in a moving vehicle? - that has happened to me so many times. However, well done for catching it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out came the sun and a beautiful rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho ! I've take a picture of a Rainbow my self today.... I guess Earth want to show us pretty little things, for a change... ^^

    ReplyDelete