Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Mosaics, Stained glass and Wrought iron lace


I had some business to do in the centre of Sydney this morning and in the afternoon as I was walking through the Queen Victoria Building link to google images  (a heritage building that was made into a shopping gallery) it occurred to me that some of the beautiful features that I have seen many times may be interesting to others. It's a common sight to see tourists photographing every aspect of this building so here is a bit of it..



I love architecture. Modern as well as Victorian, ancient castles to glass towers, you name it .. but somewhere along the way modern became a synonym for 'we can't afford to have non functional detail' and that's a pity. 


xx Val

5 comments:

  1. The Queen Victoria is a beautiful building, and I love to visit it when in Sydney. Great photos: I really should take lessons from you! Another clever reflection in the second pic. Great work, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful building. I took lots of pictures there when I was visiting Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I am glad they had the foresight to treasure it rather than pull it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes it is beautiful. But sometimes it is just too much. You can´t really enjoy all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful detail and so good you chose to show us close up shots

    ReplyDelete