Friday, 25 July 2014

Reflections at knee level..


Last week I met up with members of the Sydney Street Photographers Group for a 'Down and Dirty' challenge. We met at a inner city suburb, Newtown, that is known for it's arty/student/hipster vibe and went about getting down low to photograph whatever took out interest. As part of the challenge we made our way to a very old graveyard that I did not know existed..

On the way I photographed this reflection. Trendy boots, the car, and me..


Graffiti


Twigs and flowers


At the entrance of the Church and graveyard a marvelous Moreton Bay fig



The graveyard...  Just the right touch of spookiness.





Hot chocolate and waffles afterwards, yum.



Have a good weekend,
Val.

16 comments:

  1. what a great day out! and unique reflection - happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't see a tree like that every day. Nice selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Valerle Wow! That tree is fantastic. I love the trendy boots and reflection. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photos of a lovely day... Beautiful nature...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are becoming so good at the reflections, Val, and the first picture is a triumph. Love them all: I enjoy Newtown too - lots of colour and action, but I haven't been to the spooky graveyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go down King St the graveyard is, appropriately enough, off Church St behind the sandstone wall.
      It's quite old, by Australian standards that is!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you have fun on your group outings, Val. Aren't those Moreton Bay Fig trees amazing?! (Thanks for visiting my blog too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, I really like the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seema as if you have had a marvelous day out! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tree is amazing! The perfect entrance to a graveyard. Nice place to take pics. I wish our camera club would do more things like this. We meet once a month and talk about the pics we too for the assignment and that's it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to take inspiration Roan! We all upload photos of our choice afterwards and can compare difference perspectives, techniques and even cropping. I have learnt a lot!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a great time! I enjoyed seeing your photos. I go to Newtown a lot to take pictures but my Newtown is on the other side of the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't we could organize a group meetup!

      Delete
  11. Lovely shots! It must be fun to have a photography group. Maybe I need to start one here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice collection, but I'll postpone buying the boots until winter ;-)

    ReplyDelete