Monday, 25 August 2014

The Sea

Sometimes I just need to breathe sea air. Stand on the shore and watch the endless waves. What does not ever change is the changeableness of that vast energy. They say we are made of the minerals of the ocean and a little bit of dust. We come, we go. I stand and watch the ocean that will be there when we are all gone.

Edited to add that this is written for my mother, who passed away last night. The last four years were hard but the last 16 days, since surgery, were very difficult. She wanted to go, she was ready. I am sure she is in that other place with Dad and other loved ones. Young again, beautiful and always elegant. Goodbye Mum.




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Teh perfect place to relax and enjoy the power of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images.. I feel exactly the same Valerie, I could never live anywhere than by the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful .... I feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie,

    Getting in touch here as I can't do so through your sewing blog: I'm so sorry to read about your mother passing away.

    Your daughter and you, both wonderful and warm people, are a tribute to the influence your mum had on you. I hope you are a comfort to each other. Thinking of you.

    Marianna (Sew2pro)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You couldn't have chosen more beautiful images as a tribute to your Mum Valerie.. know that my thoughts are with you at this time.. When my Mum passed she was ready also, I think it is so much harder for those left behind. You take care of yourself..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of your loss. Walking on the beach, breathing in the sea air is a good way to grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have all my sympathy - and this was a beautifully written and photographed memorial.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete