Friday, 31 October 2014

Aussie Critter


Dear Bloggers,

We have some unusual creatures here and that includes our bounty of reptiles. I did a bit of a bush walk today and luckily I had my camera with me when I saw two lizards sitting on a log fence. I decided to get as close as I could and one of them ran off almost immediately but the bigger of the two just sat there as I approached and watched me with one eye on me and one eye on the nearby scrub for an escape dash.



I am familiar with a few types of lizards, the little brown back yard lizards and Blue Tongues and Goannas but I had not seen these fellows before with their fabulous dinosaur spines. A google search makes me think he may be a Jacky Dragon

He was about a metre long. Just after I took this he ran off into the bush. Maybe he stalled so that his partner could make her escape? I like to think so.

Have a happy weekend,

Val.

6 comments:

  1. It was nice seeing such creatures "live" that we have only heard of. Well done catching i at the end of that pipe with a simple and non-disturbing background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way when I saw a squirrel for the first time!

      Delete
  2. We have lots of them around here in our gardens. I thought they are water dragons. I don't think they care for their mates nor their offspring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly a dragon of some sort! What you say about their behaviour makes sense, I forgot they have lizard brains...

      Delete
  3. A lucky and special capture, Val! It looks very alert and alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.boycottamericanwomen.com

    ReplyDelete