Friday, 3 October 2014

Peaceful Reflection



Dear photo bloggers,

The camera sees things differently to how we do. Some things look fabulous in real life but not much on camera. Some things look ordinary at first but amazing when you see the detail.

Some people  are loved by the camera but you would pass by them in the street and not notice anything out of the ordinary. And you know what, even landscapes follow this rule. This is a dam in a local regional park with a little viewing platform on one edge next to some picnic areas. I took a photo from the platform and wow! it looks bigger and much more impressive than it really is and pretty enough for a weekend reflection ... link


Happy weekend,

Val.

13 comments:

  1. What you say is quite true, and especially with a shooting with a wide-angled lens and from a low position (which I suppose you have done), the effect can be very pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend! Yes I was experimenting with a new lens that starts off at a quite effective wide angle. I see you have your new blog up..

      Delete
  2. Wow... I like the dead tree in the middle of this improvided pond ; it gives quite the atmosphere to the whole picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful little pond Val. You captured it very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your statemen. Also that it is a fine pond to view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic reflection in this very peaceful scene. Some people do not see further than their nose! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful reflection! The camera doesn't like me. I'm sure I'm much more like Cindy Crawford in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too I have to work at it. I look like Elle McPherson...

      Delete
  7. I so agree with you about the camera seing things in its own way . Today, you and your camera caught a very beautiful reflection, in a very peaceful place .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your reflection photos, Val, and this one is a beauty! So true, some things photograph better than reality, others not. All part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete