Friday, 10 October 2014

Reflections of the past



Hello bloggers,

I am slipping this in under Weekend Reflections  link under the guise of there being reflections in the upper windows, but in reality I wanted to share this shot -- on less than ideal settings as I was photographing something else entirely - of this vintage car (Rolls Royce maybe?) that was going down the other side of the street.

It's so lovely in it's design, something grand, something to be seen in, rather than the weapon of speed and destruction that is the modern car.

I hope you enjoy the glimpse of the past as much as I did. Taken in the hipster suburb of Newtown, Sydney.



Have a good weekend,

Val.

9 comments:

  1. Lots to see on this street. When I was very young, I remember riding in my grandmother's car which looked much like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, nice old Rolls, Valerie. Newtown is fun, we must go back to Sydney soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a classic! They don't make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The car is fabulous... I like how you captured the motion of the fist one : it make focus on the real catch of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its fun to see these old cars on the streets today. Newtown was anything but a hipster suburb when I lived in Sydney back in the fifties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like it indeed Val, so much more character than modern day motors.. you were lucky to spot and snap it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need no excuse for posting a Rolls - I only wish I had one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a cool car! I can see reflections. :)

    ReplyDelete