Saturday, 13 December 2014

Reflections and stretching the boundaries


Hello readers,

I do love a good cloud reflection. A mirrored building reflecting blue sky and white clouds is a lovely thing and I have featured them here before. This building caught my eye yesterday while I was sitting in my car in the car park of a nearby town and I happened to have my camera with me ;)
At the moment is how to use photoshop elements to do a lot more than resize and crop. I am discovering all sorts of wondrous things - like cloning and distortion correction. My aim is till to get it right in camera as much as possible but after that the reality is that it's all part of producing better pictures. I've only started to dabble in substituting backgrounds and special effects and colours and the arty side of it. Of course ultimately nothing is as amazing as what nature can do and the starting point is always the wonder of what is already there.



Do the edges of the photo above give the impression of being curved to any one else or is it me? (Did I correct it too much?)





Is clouds and sky enough?


Have a good weekend,
Val.



7 comments:

  1. Well, my eyes see curved edges, but I like it - great photo of reflecting glass. I like the sky photo too, but prefer the first one. You are getting seriously professional, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Patricia - the first one is my preference, too. Keep it simple. As for curves, that is not always easy to correct and depends on many factors. If you use RAW-files and the software has access to lens-profiles (as i suppose PSE) has, you have a better starting point. JPG-files are more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't worked with RAW files yet - I am working my way up to it!

      Delete
  3. Photoshop is wonderful thing.... but I really do try to keep its use to minimum

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there has to be a happy medium. Thanks for taking the time to comment Molly.

      Delete
  4. Wow... I like the camouflage : the building is almost disapearing from the urban space, as it melt with the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The building almost disappears. Fun shots. Yes the top one does appear curved.

    ReplyDelete