Friday, 23 January 2015

Improvement


Sometimes, in regards to my photography I realized I've moved forward. A night shot I took a year ago from this same lookout no longer exists because I deleted it, it was so bad. This one is better but perfect - but nevertheless not one to be ashamed of.

I am a fan of the photographer Steve McCurry, famous for his 'Afghan Girl' link Check out his blog on my sidebar if you like, his photography of people in faraway places is inspiring.

He is known for not giving specifics of his settings for photos because he said you have to figure it out for yourself, it's all about the situation of any given time and the available light. Ah, that's the challenge - understanding all the components that are really how the camera sees the light.




Have a good weekend and if you are in Australia, have a good Australia Day. Like our song says, we do have 'beauty rich and rare'.

Val.

8 comments:

  1. your image is beautiful and has beautiful light. i too would like to try night photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, and the lighting looks perfect! I am just learning how to use my manual settings - I've got SO much to learn. I have no idea what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, thank you for your feedback.
    Felicia I found short courses very helpful but even then it all took a while to gel.
    Amy I'm still learning, at the moment I am trying to get a grasp on what shutter speeds to use for different situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that night scene is fantastic Valerie. I have no idea how to do that! Belated Happy Australia Day to you - I hope you had a nice day. We certainly did up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely view. Did you use a tripod?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a tripod and I had the camera on two second delay..anything to minimize camera shake. It was windy up on the lookout!

      Delete
  6. You have chosen a worthy idol! And the results show - a very fine blue hour photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Evening
    We do not take enough pictures in the evening and night !! and yet it gives good result of atmosphere - the foot is essential! beautiful overview
    Hello from France

    ReplyDelete