Thursday, 12 March 2015

Mystery Reflection


I'm pulling some photos out of the archive today. Every two years Sydney hosts the Biennale art festival on Cockatoo Island. Cockatoo Island is an old ship building works that is now open to the public. A lot of the ship building machinery is still there as well as heritage listed sandstone buidlings. In fact the whole island is heritage listed and is a park administered by the NSW government. It is a fascinating place and a photographer's delight. There are old dungeons there too, quite spooky.

Anyway, I discovered it several years ago due to the festival. It's not on this year but I want to make a return trip just to roam around with camera of course and I think I'll ask a few photographer buddies to join me ...





Some of last year's art installations.



Have a good weekend,
Val.

8 comments:

  1. What a great location for an exhibition, Val. Love that pink fluffy fountain (?) piece, and the reflection pic is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very interesting side and so great that it opens its doors to the public.The reflection is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and surely very interesting exposition... the reflection photos are fabulous...Have a great weekend too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly like the second shot. Fantastic shot. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super reflections Valerie .. I was in Sydney last year for Sculpture by the Sea, there were a few I remembered seeing there that are here now. Funny seeing them on Bondi and then Cottesloe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very lucky to see them both. It's s top idea isn't it?

      Delete
  6. Wonderful! I love this exquisite shades, great composition !!!

    ReplyDelete