Friday, 10 April 2015

Photograph with intent



A photographer who is more experienced than I recently told me to 'photograph with intent'. Good advice, but last Monday I set out on a bike ride and did not intend to photograph anything at all, just get some exercise and burn off some Easter calories. No camera was in my backpack, but I did have my mobile phone.

I set off on a well worn route to the local lakes. It's a track I had ridden often but never so early in the morning and it was such a lovely morning after a cool and rainy night. Fog was rising along the river and cobwebs were adorning the trees with glittering dew like jewels. I took these shots with my mobile phone and wished of course, that I had a 'real' camera..





I shot this while I was sitting on a timber bridge having fruit and water for breakfast, then turned around and cycled home feeling quite sweaty and virtuous.



The next time when the conditions are right I'll take the camera and hope for perfect light and crystal cobwebs. In the meantime I guess I'll link to James' Weekend Reflections   :)

Have a good weekend,
Val.

16 comments:

  1. The web is terrific so too the misty lake. The best camera is the one you have with you at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true diane but there are also the 'what if's'

      Delete
  2. Wow... I love everyone of these shots! Thank you so sharing... I am new to blogging and have just been looking around. I'm glad that I came across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie. welcome to my blog

      Delete
  3. lovely and serene reflections

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and peaceful lake...the web is really amazing... Excelent shots eventhoug with mobil phone...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a photographer, I'd tell you, the best camera you have is the one you have at the time. I always have some form of camera on me, even if it's just a camera phone. These are lovely, and the detail on the web is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are certainly lovely shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting and beautiful pictures ! No matter the camera , first thing you need is your eyes and your way to look at things !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Malyss, Yes the eye, then the understanding ;)

      Delete
  8. Your water shot is beautiful! I love the soft, diffused light. And that spider web is fantastic!
    I often take pictures with my iPhone and I think they turn out surprisingly well. Remember, it's the photographer who makes the picture and not the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Halcyon, that's sweet of you to say. It's true according to copyright laws also. Remember the controversy last year over the monkey selfie? Here's al link http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3137756671/monkey-photo-copyright-in-question-as-wikipedia-denies-photographer-takedown-request

      Delete