Thursday, 2 April 2015

Street Life


Several posts ago I said I was moving away from reflections and concentrating on other things, which is true.. one of those things is street photography, the art of taking sneaky shots of life in action on the street.

Last weekend I went to a meetup with my photogroup. We met up in the centre of Sydney and the brief was to photograph geometric shapes. There were plenty, both in the surroundings and the architecture.


Then of course I was distracted by a skater.


But most of all I could not pass up this triple reflection, in an optometrists shop window.



Edited to add:  My new header was also taken on the same day and is a fancy bus shelter in central Sydney - the fanciest one I know of. Does anyone know of an existing blog that does a bus shelter meme?

Have a good weekend and Happy Easter to you,

Val.



19 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, beautiful place with wonderful reflections in the last!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to take Streets pictures , there 's always so much to see !
    Happy Easter to you too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three really clever photos, Val. Hope you have a lovely EAster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colours and geometry in the first shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvellous reflections. HAVE A HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots. Especially the first and the last. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good reflections captured there but also love that street shot of the skateboarder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's almost impossible to pass up a good reflection like this Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, amazing place with wonderful reflections...The last one is stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viera, your comment means a lot to me.

      Delete
  10. I love the geometric shapes and colors in the first shot. And you caught the skater perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great day with some great images to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. an optometrists shop window must be the perfect place for a reflection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did well to capture that skater! ..... and amazing multiple reflections too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The skater photo is great! So are your others, and love the fancy bus shelter!

    ReplyDelete