Friday, 26 June 2015

The Blue Hour


Sometimes I go to my favourite beach even in winter when it's cold. It's still a beautiful place and a place that recharges the soul. I arrived there just on dusk, in the 'blue hour' after the sun goes down. There were a few surfers, a few beach walkers, one brave swimmer... and a couple of tourists with serious cameras. I didn't expect that. They usually turn up in high summer, in the middle of the day, spilling out of the coastal trail mini bus. I was engrossed in taking photos of the seagulls and the surf and then there they were, next to me. I don't know why I expected to be the only one on the beach at nightfall with a camera.. Anyway I hope you like my blue hour photos and shiny seagull reflections.

















It grew too dark to take any more, I hopped in my car and headed home.
Have a good weekend,
Val.

I'm linking to James's Weekend Reflections

11 comments:

  1. What splendid collection of "Blue Hour" images, hard to chose a favourite!
    Is it the one with the seagulls? The surfer? The fishing pier? Is the first one with the sea and the sky meeting? The apricot-hued clouds?
    They are all very beautiful!
    A great weekend to you,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Val. The reflection of the seagulls is especially appealing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous reflection shots on the puddle on the beach with gorgeous dusk colouring. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful place indeed. Love the waves and the reflected gulls :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue hour is one of the best times for taking photos, and you have made the best of this magnificent opportunity. The last one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shades of blue. As if it were one color, but what diversity.

    ReplyDelete