Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Reflections of a fun fair


Last weekend I met up at dusk with my photo group. Albert park in Parramatta, western Sydney, had been turned into a Winter Wonderland Festival with carnival rides and a ice rink and flashing lights and music and a skating show. We went with the aim of getting some dusk/night shots. We had to try to get what we could without using a tripod and that made for a real challenge.










It was a lot of fun. You could tell a lot of people had not ice skated before ;)
Ever on the lookout for a good reflection, I saw carnival lights in a window across the road. I was trying not to shoot cars but I kept these shots...







Edit. I have just linked to James' Weekend Reflections (see his blog on my sidebar).  It's amazing where people find reflections.

Have a good weekend,

Val.





7 comments:

  1. Nice evening shots love the movement one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane..I really wanted my tripod!

      Delete
  2. Wow, ice skating in Parramatta - who would have thought! Love all the sparkly lights - your photos are such a pleasure to view, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images!
    I find it quite artistic.

    Gunn / Stavanger / Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shots turned out good considering you had not got a tripod. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also at Bondi and the city this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very amazing event as well the photos...

    ReplyDelete