Sunday, 25 October 2015

Some close ups of an interesting subject


In my previous post I featured an abandoned car that I had discovered while cycling. The area is part of a railway access road, it also is a road used by locals to get to one of the sports fields where people play soccer. It is used by others including myself as a shortcut that links cycling paths between two suburbs. What I am saying is that it is not as isolated as it looks, just a bend in a creek and a railway bridge. We all know the camera can lie a little  ;)

Anyway Rune of Visual Norway suggested I go back and take some close ups, so I went back to get some in the late afternoon light. Here they are.

















Do you like extreme closeups - closer than this - where it is hard to tell what the original object is?
Any thoughts?

Val.

7 comments:

  1. Who knew you could have so much fun with so much junk? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people see beauty in junk. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these! Such details are extremely fascinating, structures, lines curves colours - the possibilities for playing around with them are endless. If you go even closer you have very good material for abstractions, also in monochrome.

    PS I have done far too little of this myself, but I must try to find something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rune. I can already see possibilities for the swirl pattern on the car door. : )

      Delete
  4. I thought of abstraction too, especially in pic no. 3. You could have fun with this by copying the images and cropping in a few ways too. I am trying to teach myself to come in closer to objects, as I have always tended to try to cram too much in a picture, whether a photo or a drawing. The colours of the car in the sunshine are amazing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. I didn't know you drew. I haven't done any sketching for years!

      Delete
  5. Yes the car door up close would be like a piece of modern art.

    ReplyDelete