Friday, 2 October 2015

Window to the Sky


I used to work on Broadway.

No I am not a singer/dancer haha. On Broadway in Sydney. South of the city opposite Sydney University there still stands a landmark - the beautiful 'Grace Brothers building. Some time ago Grace Brothers was sold and rebranded as Myers. The lovely facade of this once grand department store building remains, even though the inside is now a rabbit warren of stores and cosmetic clinics and fitness centres - all the usual hubbub of modern life. Nearby is a genius hairdresser, who is the main reason I still trek to this end of town, but it's no hardship to spend a bit of time in the arty streets of nearby Glebe either. I'll take photos the next time I go in!

Meanwhile, some windows of the Grace Brothers building caught my eye because they gave the impression that they were windows to the sky when they were really reflections.





Happy Weekend everyone, especially to Aussies who are having a long hot weekend.

Val.

12 comments:

  1. That is pretty cool! Windows to the sky!
    It is a lovely old building.
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cloud reflections in the windows. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the comedy series, "Are You Being Served". :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It was a bit like that ; )

      Delete
  4. Good old Grace Bros - I had forgotten all about them. I think I might even have been into that building. It photographs well, and the reflections you caught are so clever. I like Glebe, too. Trying to organise another trip south in November. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia - I'd love to see you :)

      Delete
  5. This is such fun to see! Yep. it looks like we're looking through the windows at the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great sky reflections in the windows :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that they at least kept the façade of the building - it can make all the difference in such cases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sky reflections look as though only the walls of the building remain. Well spotted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking building and the reflections make it even better!

    ReplyDelete