Friday, 27 November 2015

Fire and Firemen


Fire and Firemen and Police and Rescue and everyone else turned up to a spectacular shopfront fire in  the main street of my town last Saturday. The fire which was started by faulty Christmas tree lights gutted three shops. The smoke was black and quite dramatic so when I saw it from my balcony I grabbed the camera and went there to get some shots. The whole block had been cordoned off. I felt a real stab of envy when Fire Photographers were allowed to go where I couldn't..








Just on a whim I sent them to the editorial desk of my local newspaper who said they would be considered. They ended up using an official Fire Brigade shot from within the shop. Disappointment!
But they did say they were good and to submit shots of future local events. I guess that's some validation.

Linking to James' Weekend Reflections 'cause the first shot has reflections in the floor (any excuse).
Have a happy weekend,

Val.

8 comments:

  1. Who knew Christmas decorating could cause such destruction! Well done for taking pictures, but disappointing they did not take them. Don't they know, you have fans.... It is encouraging for the future, however, and maybe next time, you will be in print :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reflections. Better luck next time Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.
    Patricia now I know what I should have been except when I was young a short female could not get into the Police Force, let alone the Fire Brigade. I'm glad the world has changed just a little in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photography! I'm sure they will use your pics in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, I appreciate your saying that.

      Delete
  5. You could start as a reporter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tj=hey are good journalistic shots.

    ReplyDelete