Friday, 13 November 2015

Sculpture by the Sea



Hello all,

Here in Sydney the annual Sculpture by the Sea has just wrapped up. This temporary exhibition of a number of sculptures extends along a famous sea side walk from Bondi Beach to Tmarama Sculpture by the Sea. It only lasts for three weeks and is becoming increasingly popular as a tourist event. I always wish it was on for longer, but I managed a day off to go see it. This was my favourite sculpture. This is a detail of faces sculpted into a charred hollow of a tree.






The news is on while I am posting this. More bombing and shooting and violence in Paris. I feel for them.. God help us all.
In an increasingly violent and unstable world art helps us to make the world make sense. It expresses who we are. Without freedom of expression what are we?
Stay safe.

Val.

3 comments:

  1. This was the first I had heard about the Paris shootings. It is indeed a world gone mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this sculpture when it was here in the Sculpture by the Sea at Cottesloe, very dramatic. Sad times for the world Val.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this sculpture when it was here in the Sculpture by the Sea at Cottesloe, very dramatic. Sad times for the world Val.

    ReplyDelete