Thursday, 7 January 2016

It's all an illusion


I was in the city today at Central Station as part of a meetup held by the Sydney Street Photography Group. We were there to photograph a whole train full of Elvis fans departing to Parkes, NSW for the annual Elvis Festival.  Fans depart for the Elvis Festival, Parkes. There were Elvis impersonators performing on the concourse, people dancing and a great party atmosphere and photographers, lots of photographers, not just us. Professionals from all the TV stations and what looked like professional freelancers. It was photo extravaganza time!

I will post some of my Elvis photos later, I am still sorting through them. Anyway after all the Elvises and Priscillas and other odd bods got on the train my photo buddies and I went off for coffee. It was a great morning. I really value the friendships I've made amongst this group.

Before getting on my own train I walked towards the city centre, enjoying the sunshine. I took this photo on  Pitt Street Mall, attracted by the big blue shiny decorative light. See all those people walking past at the bottom? They are all a reflection on the mirrored surface on the barrier underneath.



Illusion..

My resolution for this year as far as photography goes is to learn more about technique. I've signed up for a couple of one day courses a Sydney Uni to fill certain gaps in my knowledge. I'm going to try out another photo group (a lot of people belong to more than one) and also a photo club that has a lot of guest lecturers. Just looking around to see what suits, you know.

I'll be linking to Weekend Reflections,

Have a good end-of-the-week wherever you are,
Val.



14 comments:

  1. That must have been fun. I once attended that group's meeting when I was in Sydney.Long time ago. It was when the solo around the world sailor, Jessica Watson arrived home. Looking forward to your Elvis photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool reflection. Love that decorative light, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful distortions in those reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the Elvis shots

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be quite incredible to see so many Elvises and Priscillas! The idea makes me smile wide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great reflections. Hope the course goes well. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any wedding day is an amazing experience for both the bride and groom as they look to take the next steps of their lives together. Nevertheless, the events leading up to the BIG DAY can often become overwhelming.
    See more at: wedding photography sydney

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi,
    admin
    Nowadays, the need for male enhancement products becomes larger and the demand is growing. There are a lot of men who dare to try using these male enhancement products due to great demands to increase their sexual performance.
    To learn more: Biomanix Ingredients


    ReplyDelete