Friday, 18 March 2016

King Street, Newtown



 Last weekend I was in King Street, Newtown, camera in hand. It's a great street to wander down on a lazy Saturday. For decades it's been a inner city student hangout, slightly grungy, slightly alternative and slightly different. The place has a free thinking energy. The markets on a Saturday are a bric -a-brac treat and a people watching treat, as are the shops.










I'm off to my local farmer's market now in my own suburb for some locally grown veggies.
Have a good weekend,

Val.


10 comments:

  1. Must admit I'm looking forward to visiting the markets when I come over to Sydney Val. Slightly grungy is the way to go these days, we're getting grungier all the time here in Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit I'm looking forward to visiting the markets when I come over to Sydney Val. Slightly grungy is the way to go these days, we're getting grungier all the time here in Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to walk on this street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun places! I like the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish, I were there... so inspiring!
    Happy Easter from Germany

    ReplyDelete