Friday, 11 March 2016

Sunrise


Maybe I should call this 'the semi-regular seascape blog'..but I know some of you love the sea as much as I do so I've got a post of sunrise shots. I love early morning light reflected on sand and water. It's hard to get out of bed before dawn but last Saturday I woke up way before dawn and being wide awake I decided to pack some coffee, camera, tripod and swim bag and drove down the coast with stars still shining overhead. I set up my camera at the stairs leading down to the point at one of my favourite sunrise-shot locations and found I wasn't alone for long. Some surfers made their way past me, politely steeping around my tripod, then soon a few more. I clicked away as the sun came up, shrouded by a band of clouds. When I picked up my gear to move further down to the balcony of the surf club I saw a young couple also with camera and tripod disappearing around the bluff. Then later on my way back to the car I glanced down and saw the girl  putting her top back on, so they were obviously there for artistic endeavours rather than the sunrise...*cough*

Later of course there were and joggers and swimmers and fishermen and that magic time between darkness and light had come and gone.








                                   




 Have a good weekend,
Val.


15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Halcyon..I was actually miffed at the horizontal band of cloud until I realised it acted as a filter!

      Delete
  2. Hey! Another good reason to get up early. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the best..apart from plunging direct into the ocean for a swim

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful beach, and time of the morning Val, and your pictures are lovely. So funny about the young couple doing some photo art, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done on the early rise Val, that magical moment that you have captured here doesn't last very long, always amazes how quickly the sun moves when it's made up its mind to come up or go down :) Artistic endeavours you say, hilarious :) Gorgeous images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful reflections. I love the perfectly symmetrical photo of the wet suit on the railing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvellous sunrise and reflections. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful captures! Lovely scenery and great colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ocean but I live inland :( Love your images. Nicely captured skies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely light for photos. Love the wetsuit over the rail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. The little wetsuit really seems to have struck a chord! Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete