Thursday, 28 April 2016

Courthouse Reflections



A friend of mine works in administration at the Downing Centre Courts in Sydney. The place is a hive of activity with barristers in wigs, lawyers, high profile criminals, police and a zillion support staff coming and going. It had airport style security long before it became commonplace in public buildings in this age of random threats to society.
Anyway as I was waiting for my friend on the steps I noticed for the first time what a beautiful ornate building houses the court. It is actually the old Mark Foys building and was once a grand department store.  There are newer more modern skyscrapers across the street which gave me these great reflections. I only had the iPhone with me. Must go back to take some more shots if I can - under the eyes of ever present cameras and security..


The courthouse building is the reflection with the yellow pagoda-like trimmings






On the street life goes on..

Have a good weekend. I'll be posting to weekend reflections.
Val.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, well captured Val, especially on the iphone. The court building makes a gorgeous reflection, and I remember old Mark Foys too. There were so many different department stores back in the day... happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excelente trabalho e boas fotografias.
    Um abraço e bom fim de semana.
    http://andarilharar.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice reflections, like a painting in a wall.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a great day for reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent reflections! Our courthouse won't allow cameras in. I wonder how they handle smart phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually go in. Security is very tight. All bags are scanned.

      Delete
  6. What should we do without glass facades. Great reflections here and a beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, without glass, mirrors and water we would all be at a loss!

      Delete
  7. I love these reflections! The top photo is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valerie, wonderful reflection images you snapped for your post!
    I too remember Mark Foys when I was a young gal working in Sydney in my twenties!

    ReplyDelete