Friday, 24 June 2016

Winter Trees

It's finally properly cold in Sydney today. Pale blue clear skies, cold breeze. Low temperatures. True get-out-your-boots and coat weather. There's snow in the inland parts of the state. Ok, it never snows in Sydney but that doesn't mean we don't feel the wind chill! I love it. I'm getting out my fake fur - or possibly the real vintage fur jacket I bought in a market in Paris that hasn't breathed air outside of London....

Here's my Sydney trees reflected in buildings on Macquarie Street. The palm trees that are reflected are on the edge of the Botanical Gardens across the street Oh and in regard to the now finished vivid Festival I couldn't resist ending with a few shots.









Yes, that's me in the shadow of the Opera House. Not the most technically perfect photo in the world (these are all iPhone shots) but it invokes good memories.

Have a good weekend,
Val.


13 comments:

  1. Lovely reflections! Thanks to the bare tree, we can see blue skies reflected on the glass. So nice to see the photo of you smiling. Keep warm and have a nice weekend, Valerie.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! We're starting summer here in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, glad to see you are enjoying the cold. Cold up here today, too, and I am enjoying wearing my red leather jacket. That is a pretty shot of the Opera in Blue, and fantastic reflections too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reflection in that bulding is marvellous. Cold in Sydney!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The temperatures have dropped al over the country. We even are cold in Brisvegus.I would love to see Vivid one year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it gets cold in Brissie, I remember it well...if you want to see Vivid book your accommodation early! It's getting more popular each year.

      Delete
  6. Don't you just love winter 😃 getting wee bit chilly in Perth too, not as cold as Sydney though Val. How fab was Vivid, I was so lucky to be there for it this year, first time, was awesome to see. The new iPhone takes really good images. Your vintage fur coat from Paris sounds tres cool, can we please see a shot of you wearing it 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be able to manage that :)

      Delete
    2. I can't imagine winter in Sydney, but i did love the summer!

      Delete