Friday, 29 July 2016

More Sydney, the UTS building and tunnel


I don't live in the centre of Sydney but further out. I now work even further away from Sydney, zooming down the western freeway to work, but on my days off I seem to be heading into Sydney, getting to know places I haven't been or exploring well known places with my camera. A place I know well is the stretch between Central Station and Sydney University. In between these two landmarks is another distinctive building, the University of Technology or 'UTS'. The first photo is the underground walkway from Central to Broadway, the second and third photos are reflections of people walking past the glass walls of the UTS.







Have a good weekend,
Val.

12 comments:

  1. Excelentes fotos urbanas.
    Um abraço e bom fim de semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ones - love the first, especially :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rune. A year ago I would not have know how to capture a shot like this in difficult light. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  3. great series of reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the underground walkway. Gorgeous and colorful reflections :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, exploring the 'new' Sydney with your camera. A great way to spend your day off, and brilliant photos to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'new' Sydney is emerging from a process of ripping up the centre few blocks from Circular Quay all the way back up George and adjoining streets. It's happening so fast it's daunting. The 70's and 80's skyscrapers are disappearing and glass projectiles rearing upwards to the sky are taking their place. I just hope there will be a cohesiveness to it at the end of it all.

      Delete
  6. Nice architectural shots. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks everyone. s.c. Architecture and the process of building fascinates me. There are architecture tours of Sydney - it's on my wish list!

      Delete
  7. I love that top picture. The colours are so vivid. It feels very dynamic

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that has changed so much since I used to walk from Central to Sydney University back in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The walkway looks amazing Val, must try and see it next time I'm over. We may have an overabundance of glass buildings these days but they're brilliant for reflections.

    ReplyDelete