Friday, 26 August 2016

A sunny winter's day and reflections in a pool of glass



If you read this blog regularly you could be forgiven for thinking I am always at the beach. I am not! It's just that it is possibly my favourite place for photography. The light, the water, the endless parade of people even in winter always gives my camera something. I actually went with the mission to find something 'red', an upcoming theme for the camera club I attend. But you know, if you see something beautiful themes can go out the window, momentarily. The sea pool was the quietest I had ever seen it, a cool, clear sheet of water with a glass-like reflective surface. Then this family group came and started playing the universal game of throwing a smooth pebble so that it skips across the water. Perfect! Click on photos to enlarge.






Success!


I'll be linking to Weekend Reflections, the meme that makes me see reflections everywhere.
Have a good one, Val.

p.s. I am also linking to Our World Tuesday for the first time.

SaveSave

15 comments:

  1. A very nice little story, and i really liked that blue colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rune, I couldn't complain about the afternoon light!

      Delete
  2. Your post makes me think I'd like to be BACK at the beach. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice reflections and remembering when I taught my children to find good skipping stones and then compete for the most skips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Success indeed Valerie - perfect shots of a beautiful scene, and I love the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots! The still water is perfect for reflections.

    I'm from California so sometimes I feel like a fish out of water being so far from the beach. Pun intended. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you James. Once the sea is part of your psyche...

      Delete
  6. perfect reflections. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, this IS a fun game. Well done for the success :) And your shot of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! The water is so still and like a mirror.

    ReplyDelete