Friday, 3 November 2017

Sculpture by the Sea Bondi 2017


If you ever come to Sydney there's a famous sea side walk from Bondi Beach past the equally famous  Icebergs Pool and along the cliffs to Tamara Beach and then to Bronte Beach. If you are here when Sculpture by the Sea is on this adds another element to an already beautiful walk. There's only a few days to go before this year's exhibition ends. I went today and enjoyed this one the most so far.



Selfies selfies everywhere..


This might be my favourite. It is made from perspex layered then twisted and looks different from each angle. Brilliant. It's by Toshio Lezumi, called M.171001





 This one represents the moon with a bite out of it.


This is my other favourite by B. Jane Cowie called Swirling Surround. It was fun to crawl inside and experience it, a swarm of brightly coloured fish.






Have a good weekend everybody,
Val.




8 comments:

  1. Oh that Lezumi piece is wonderful! Wouldn't it be great to own that... The fishies are really cute. I love the innovations of modern sculptors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the Lezumi for the Chinese style garden I'll have on day (in my dreams)!

      Delete
  2. Would love to walk past these artworks. Looks very great to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great idea that gives exposure to both Australian and international sculptors.

      Delete
  3. I love the perspex sculpture too, what a clever idea

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes it was! It's great to have culture and beach all at the same time.

      Delete